Fresh Home Renovations
Whistler and Squamish Home Renovations
“European touch with a west coast feel.”
Fresh Home Renovations
Home Renovations and interior remodeling done right, on time and on budget.
CREATING EXCEPTIONAL SPACES IN WHISTLER AND SQUAMISH
Fresh Home Renovations
WHISTLER AND SQUAMISH HOME RENOVATION
Projects in Progress
Publications in Press
Home renovation is an opportunity to create a space that reflects who you are and the life you want to live. Home renovation allows you to turn your house into a place that feels like it belongs to you and allows you to express yourself in ways that aren’t possible with a pre-made property.
From simple repairs and DIY projects to complete overhauls and full-on remodels, We have the experience and expertise necessary to make every home improvement project a success.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
“A+++ experience. Zee did a full scale reno for us including drywall, flooring, new bathroom, new siding, concrete and beam work for the carport, new kitchen, fascia, etc etc. He was hardworking, honest, and had a very high attention to detail and quality. I hope to use him again. Thanks Zee for everything.”
“We have had many experiences with contractors over the years, mostly positive: this young man, however, leaves them all in the dust. It was simply a pleasure to have Zbynek “SPIN-yak” working for us. European-trained, a perfectionist, while efficient and productive. The mountain retreat bathroom renovation was completed ahead of schedule and cost far less than we had planned. We will use him again while he is still available.”
“I have dealt with various contractors and Zbynek outshines them all by far. He knows his job to perfection, no doubt because he is passionate about it and clearly loves what he does. He is also the most organized and tidiest contractor I’ve ever come across, plus the most proactive; always checking in and sending pictures and helping in whatever way he could. He is worth every penny and he was a pleasure to work with.”
Zee is just the best !! He renovated two bathrooms for us. He started on schedule, finished ahead of schedule and on budget . No surprises. His quotes are very detailed. Attention to detail shows in all his work. Very high quality ! He stayed on the project from start to finish hardly missing a day. Communication was great . If he was going to be late (extremely rare) he informed us. He is also very tidy. He cleaned up between the room being renovated to the front door before leaving every day ! Even the workspace was neat , clean and well organized. And did i mention the quality of his workmanship is excellent !! Our bathrooms look awesome. Will definitely contact him to do our next reno !
We have used several contractors over the past decade and Zee well out performed them all in respect to the work he completed along with his professionalism. He keeps a very neat and clean worksite while still staying on a projected completion date. Zee is a very considerate contractor who is willing to change designs and modify his work plans should unexpected changes take place. If you are looking for price value, don't look any further as Zee's contracting prices are great value. Make sure you get a work estimate from Zee before accepting another contractors bid so you don't over pay. We are so impressed with Zee that when we do some more home renevations, we will go straight back to him without having to compare and shop around.
Zee came to us highly recommended and did not disappoint - he did a fantastic job on our bathroom renovation and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others. Zee takes a lot of pride in his work and has great attention to detail. I was particularly impressed with his tiling work. He is hardworking, honest and a great problem solver for those inevitable things that come up in a renovation that you cannot predict. He was great with communicating to us his work during the different stages and collaborating with us as to what we wanted. He was also very conscious of being neat and tidy and not dirtying the rest of the house during our renovation. Our bathroom was completed on-time and on-budget and we are very happy with it. We hope to use Zee again in the future!
Zee was the best! He really spent the time to do the job right, went the extra mile on every detail, we couldn't be happier with our new bathroom!
"Zee" was great from beginning-to-end of our renovation. He was easy to communicate with and his workmanship was of the highest quality. I have already referred him to several of my real estate clients and I will be certain to use him again!
I would highly recommend Zbynek to everyone who's looking for hard working professional with eye for detail. Bring light to your home with Fresh Home Renovation!!!
Benefits of home renovation
Why should you consider investing in home renovations? The simple answer is that the rewards far outweigh any costs involved. According to the National Association of Homebuilders, homeowners who choose to renovate their home can see a return on investment of up to 80%! Whether you’re in Whistler or elsewhere, here are few benefits of home renovation.
- Increase the value of your property: Home renovations can significantly increase the value of their homes. A bathroom remodel, for example, typically returns more than its initial cost!
- Enhance your lifestyle: Home renovations can make your home more comfortable for you and your family. For example, adding a deck or patio increases outdoor living space while creating a place for relaxation and entertainment.
- Improve safety and functionality: Renovations such as replacing old wiring or installing smoke alarms improve safety within the home and increase energy efficiency by making the necessary improvements for modern appliances.
- Create a unique space: When it comes to renovations, there’s no need to conform to any pre-established rules or standards—you have creative freedom when you’re renovating! You can make changes that reflect your own style and personality while creating a home that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
- Improve accessibility: By making changes to the layout and design of the property, such as adding ramps, widening doorways, or installing grab bars, you can make the home more accessible for people with mobility issues.
- Increase efficiency: A home renovation can also increase the energy efficiency of the property by upgrading insulation, installing energy-efficient windows and appliances, and improving the overall air quality of the home. This can lead to lower energy bills and a more comfortable living environment.
- Repair existing damage: Help prevent further damage and maintain the overall value of the property by repairing existing damage to the property, such as fixing leaky roofs, repairing cracked walls, or replacing outdated electrical and plumbing systems.
In all cases, homeowners should think carefully before embarking on any kind of house renovation project – time and money are always factors in such undertakings! A thoughtful approach ensures that the most appropriate solutions are chosen and will provide long-term value to the homeowner.
Types of home renovations
Bathroom renovations can be a great way to modernize your home and create a relaxing and luxurious atmosphere. There are many ways to update a bathroom, from changing the light fixtures, to updating the tile and paint. You can add a new shower or tub. Adding a heated towel rack, a new sink, and a medicine cabinet can also update the look of the space.
Kitchen renovations are also a great way to spruce up your home. Whether you’re looking to upgrade the appliances, install new countertops, or completely redo the layout of your kitchen, the possibilities are endless. Remodel your kitchen to be a more functional and stylish space for you and your family.
Basement renovations are a great way to add additional living space to your home. Whether you want to create an extra bedroom, a family room, or an entertainment center, you can make the most of this often underutilized space. There are many options to make the space more functional. Add a new bathroom, a kitchenette, or a bar. With a little creativity, you can transform your basement into an inviting and comfortable living space.
Exterior renovations can also go a long way in transforming a home. Updating your landscaping, adding a deck, or painting the exterior of your home can all make a big impact. Replacing your windows and doors can also help to increase the energy efficiency of your home and improve its curb appeal.
What to consider before house renovation
Renovating your home can be an exciting endeavor, but it also requires careful consideration before taking the plunge.
Think about the budget constraints, necessary permits from local authorities, and potential disruptions during construction.
Research what kind of materials and finishes will be most suitable for your needs. Are you remodeling for resale value or to make life at home more comfortable?
Decide if DIY or professional installation is right for you. While DIY projects may save money up front, they often require more time investment than hiring pros—and could end up costing more in the long run if something goes wrong.
These decisions can have an impact on both the cost and overall results. Armed with this knowledge, you can move forward with home renovation projects that meet both aesthetic and functional goals.
Home renovation planning
Home renovation projects can be a great investment, but they can also go wrong. According to statistics, around 80% of all home renovation projects in Canada come in over budget and behind schedule. To avoid making common mistakes when renovating your home, we wrote down a few tips to follow.
- Plan a full house renovation project thoroughly. Starting a renovation without proper planning, research and budgeting can result in mistakes, missed deadlines, and budget overruns. Have a clear plan of action that outlines each step of the project and keeps it on track.
- Consider hiring a designer firm to ensure that the renovation is well-planned and that the final result meets the homeowner’s expectations. A designer can also help avoid costly mistakes and provide ideas for creative solutions.
- Be prepared for “hidden” renovation costs Homeowners often underestimate the total cost of a renovation, including the cost of labor, materials, permits, and contingencies. This can lead to financial stress and the need to cut corners or delay the project.
- Plan for the unexpected. Even if you set up a timeline to help you ensure that the project stays on track, no renovation project goes according to plan. Unexpected issues such as weather delays, building code violations, and discovery of hidden damage can arise anytime. It’s important to budget for contingencies and be prepared for the unexpected.
- Have a solid hiring process. Make sure you research and find a reputable house renovation contractor before signing any contracts or agreements. Consider the contractor’s experience, references, and quality of work. Get multiple estimates from contractors before making your final decision. Don’t go for the lowest bid. It may indicate that the contractor is cutting corners or using substandard materials.
- Consult with your contractor in time. A general contractor can help manage the renovation project and ensure that everything runs smoothly. Consult with a general contractor early in the planning process to get a realistic estimate of the cost and timeline for the renovation.
- Keep open communication with contractors throughout the project so that any problems can be identified early on and to avoid misunderstandings and ensure that the final result meets their expectations.
- Think outside of the box. While it’s important to stick to the budget, it’s also important to think outside the box and consider creative solutions that can improve the final result without breaking the bank.
- Understand psychological stress that may come. Home renovation can be a stressful experience, both physically and psychologically. It’s important to be prepared for the stress and to have a plan in place to manage it.
- Keep it quality. Cutting corners on materials or labor can result in a final product that is of lower quality and that may need to be repaired or replaced sooner. It’s important to invest in quality materials and skilled labor to ensure a high-quality final result.
Preparing a home renovation budget
Preparing a budget is one of the most important steps in any renovation project. After all, it’s best to know your limits before beginning anything – and this holds especially true for something as complex and expensive as a home renovation.
First thing, It’s important to determine the scope of your project. If you’re looking to hire a home renovations company, they will be able to provide an estimate based on the materials and labor needed.
If you’re considering doing a DIY project, it’s essential to factor in all the costs associated with completing the job. This includes not only material costs but also tools, equipment rental fees, insurance and any permits or licenses that may be required. Add in any extra time or labor that may be needed from friends or family members who are assisting with the project.
When creating your budget, be sure to factor in all the possible costs involved in the renovation. Some common examples include:
Permits: Building permits are often required for renovations, and the cost of obtaining these permits can vary depending on the location, the scope of the renovation, and local regulations. The cost of permits can add significantly to the total cost of the renovation.
Structural upgrades: If unexpected structural issues are uncovered during the renovation, additional work may be required to reinforce the structure, which can add significantly to the cost of the renovation.
Unexpected damage: If the contractor discovers hidden damage, such as mold, termites, or asbestos, it will require additional time and money to repair, which can be costly.
Unforeseen costs: Other unforeseen costs that can arise during a renovation include the need for additional electrical or plumbing work, or the need for additional materials.
Labor: Labor costs can make up a significant portion of the total cost of a renovation. The cost of labor can be influenced by the location, the complexity of the renovation, and the skill level of the workers.
Location: The cost of a renovation can be influenced by the location of the property, as costs can vary greatly from region to region.
Materials: High-end materials, such as natural stone or hardwood flooring, will generally cost more than lower-end materials, such as laminate or tile.
Home age: Older homes may require additional work, such as electrical or plumbing upgrades, to bring them up to code.
Electrical and plumbing: Electrical and plumbing upgrades can also add significantly to the total cost of a renovation, especially if the existing systems are outdated or in need of repair. Upgrades to these systems may also require additional permits and inspections.
DIY home renovations vs professional home renovations company
You should weigh your options carefully when deciding whether or not to take on a home renovation project yourself or hire professionals for help. Both have pros and cons that need careful consideration. Here are few things to consider when making this tough decision:
Cost: DIY projects can save money up front, but if something goes wrong during the project it could end up more expensive than hiring a professional.
Time: DIY takes more time and may require additional trips to the store for supplies and materials whereas a professional will have access to resources necessary for the job.
Knowledge: Homeowners need some knowledge of construction processes in order to successfully complete a project. Professionals have the expertise and experience needed for successful renovations.
Experience: Professional contractors have been doing this for years. They know the ins and outs like the back of their hand and will ensure your project is done right, on time, and on budget.
Risk: Taking on a big project like full house renovation without the proper knowledge could lead to costly mistakes that could be avoided by hiring an experienced pro.
Stress Level: A DIY project may require long days and weekends of hard work, while bringing in professionals can relieve stress from having too much on one’s plate.
Warranty: A warranty from a professional contractor will guarantee you are covered if anything goes wrong after the renovation is complete.
Safety: You don’t want to risk any injuries while doing your own renovation projects. Hiring a professional means they’ll take care of all safety precautions so you can rest easy knowing they’ve got it covered.
PRO TIP: Before taking on any major home renovation project yourself, make sure you know exactly what kind of skill level is required for each step of the process. That way, you can decide whether it’s worth tackling yourself or hiring out professionals who will get it done right!
How to find the right home renovations company
Choosing the right professional renovation company for your home renovation is an essential part of the process. Reputable firm will save you time, money, and headaches while also ensuring that your renovation is done correctly and to a high standard.
Begin by doing some research online. Look up reviews of different companies in order to compare their services, prices, and overall satisfaction levels among customers. You can also check out industry forums or ask friends and family who have recently completed home renovations for recommendations. Look at their webpages to see the examples of their previous work.
Narrow down your list of prospective companies by evaluating their qualifications, reviews by customers as well as their experience in performing similar projects. Ensure that they are insured and licensed in order to protect yourself from any liability issues which may arise during the job. Get several quotes from various contractors so you can compare them before making your final choice.
Home renovation can be a valuable investment for homeowners looking to improve the functionality, efficiency, and aesthetic of their property. Whether you’re looking to repair existing damage, update rooms, or try out new styles, a home renovation can provide a wealth of benefits.
However, it’s important to carefully consider the costs, factors, and mistakes associated with a renovation project, as well as to consult with professionals such as designers and contractors, to ensure that the renovation is successful and meets your expectations.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *